Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Not many places have songs and movies about them...

It's December 12, 2006. I'm looking from my front porch to see what's going on. Blue skies with puffy white clouds, palm trees and other colorful tropicals swaying lightly in the breeze, my cat sunning herself on a chair, a few anoles running around the bushes. Yes, that's the scene in Key Largo today. Truly a paradise compared to the northeast where I grew up, especially on December 12th!
The street is quiet, no cars for the last few hours, although I can hear far-off traffic sounds from Route 1, the Overseas Highway and main conduit through the Florida Keys. It transports drivers from the Florida mainland, through all the major Keys, to Key West, ending point for the 100+ mile drive.
I would like to give you the flavor of Key Largo. The name itself carries its own cachet. Let's start with some images.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Great blog! The pictures are wonderful and the text is full of fascinating facts. Good Work!